Lori Guynes, L.Ac.
I am a nationally certified and California State licensed acupuncturist specializing in reproductive health care, with an emphasis on fertility enhancement and pregnancy care. I received my masters degree from the Santa Barbara College of Oriental Medicine where I also served on the faculty. I enjoy helping my clients experience greater health and balance through gentle acupuncture, lifestyle and nutritional counseling, and Chinese herbal medicine.
I treat women and men who are solely using Chinese medicine, and others who are using it in conjunction with Western medicine, including Assisted Reproductive Technology: Intra-uterine insemination (IUI) and In-vitro fertilization (IVF).
Though I am not currently working as a Doula/Labor Assistant, I completed training through ALACE (Association of Labor Assistants and Childbirth Educators) in 2000. I’ve had extensive advanced training in fertility and other reproductive health issues. A highlight of that training was studying with Randine Lewis, author of The Infertility Cure, Mike Berkley of The Berkley Center in Manhattan, Raven Lang, midwife/acupuncturist in Santa Cruz, CA and Daoshing Ni of the Tao of Wellness in Santa Monica, CA. I am a member of RESOLVE, the National Infertility Association.
In 2008, I completed a three year certification training with Gabriele Hoppe in Biosynthesis – a body/mind/spirit therapy with its origins in pre and peri-natal development. I have also extensively studied Energy Medicine with Ms. Hoppe and Gabriel Stux, M.D., acupuncturist, which combines Chinese medicine, Biosynthesis and Chakra acupuncture.
Partial List of Invited Public Lectures:
- Pacific Pride Foundation Health Conference – Creative Aging: The Power of Midlife, “Eastern and Western Approaches to Breast Health”, 10/01.
- Santa Barbara City College Adult Education – “Menopause and Traditional Chinese Medicine”, 2002 and 2003.
- Santa Barbara College of Oriental Medicine Community Health Lecture Series – “Infertility and Chinese Medicine”, 2/06.
- UC Santa Barbara Professional Women’s Association Conference, “Chinese Medicine and Women’s Health, 4/06.
- Television panelist on “Secrets of Self-Improvement,” Channel 17, 10/06.
- Central Coast Doula Association study group – “Chinese Medicine for Fertility Enhancement and Pregnancy Care,” 3/09
- Taught Continuing Education course for Licensed Acupuncturists – “Traditional Chinese Medicine and Reproductive Wellness,”, 03/12, Healing Opportunities. This course is available online through Grasshopper Education and is a great resource for practitioners who want to hone their fertility enhancement skills.
- Acupuncture/Herbal guest expert for three episodes of the television show “The Alternative Medicine Cabinet,” 06/12.
- Speaker for UCSB course “Healing and Global Perspectives,” 07/13
- 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2018 Santa Barbara Independent “Best of” poll, finalist for “Best Acupuncturist.”
- Please check out the Noozhawk article about my practice: The Working Life: Lori Guynes
Schedule an Appointment with Lori